Company Overview: The Rev It Up Reading speed reading program was handcrafted by renown author of ‘The Complete Idiots Guide to Speed Reading’ and Speed Reading Expert Abby Marks Beale. Its impressive lists of clients include The US Dept of Education, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, and Iron Mountain. The program and workshops are ideal for adult students, business professionals, and leisure readers and the online program even comes with a free 1-Day Pass that allows you to test the waters before purchasing the program. Rev It Up also offers Group and Site Licenses to schools and colleges/universities which includes training for program admins and a year of unlimited use.
Course Formats: Online training (In-person workshops also available click here for details)
Prices: 1-day pass (Free); 7-Day Pass ($49); 90-day License ($149-$199)
The course features nine, 35-40 minute modules and includes 17 timed reading exercises along with a self-evaluation of habits assessment. A downloadable copy of Abby’s 10 days to Faster Reading is also included with the purchase of the course as well as direct access to Abby via email for support. Abby also sends follow-up emails once the course is over to provide quick refreshers on what you’ve learned.
Each module focuses on a different aspect of speed reading and includes:
- Introduction To Speed Reading
- Working With Your Eyes and Brain
- Reducing the Talking (also known as “Sub-vocalization”)
- Expanding Your Peripheral Vision
- Securing Comprehension
- Using Your Reading Stick Shift
- Organizing Your Reading
- Finding Information Quickly
- Keeping Your Keepers (module covers effective note-taking, highlighting, and filing using the Latch System)
The Rev It Up program can be used for different speed reading focuses and offers the following benefits for each:
Speed Reading for Professionals:
- Raise productivity levels with work-related reading and stay current with up-to-date reading habits.
- Increase reading speed and improving concentration,comprehension and retention.
- Shared are tips, tools and strategies for immediate use to help manage large piles of both paper and digital reading materials.
Speed Reading for Students
- Read more course materials in a smaller amount of time.
- Increase reading comprehension while avoiding re-reading.
- Raise concentration levels and learn ways to secure a better study environment.
- Find important information quickly within reading materials.
- Take good notes on and from reading material for easier study.
- Time-manage reading workloads.
Speed Reading for Leisure
- Discover ways to prioritize reading based on your personal value and to sift through large amounts of information (both fiction and non-fiction).
- Learn effective speed reading strategies to become a more versatile reader, and capable of shifting your reading speed according to your purpose.
- Helps avid readers to become confident speed readers and expand their knowledge base in personal and professional life.
Pros: Comprehensive course outline, Mac/PC compatible, Guided training, Free Day Pass, Money back guarantee (full course only), group licenses available, $50 coupon for mailing list sign up, demo available
Cons: Not all age-inclusive, short online course lengths compared to other programs, full course is pricey