I need a restart.
This is definitely a thought that many of us are familiar with at some point. There are times in our lives where we need to reboot ourselves. Whether it’s due to being overworked, emotional turmoil, or simply a lack of motivation, rebooting is important for achieving balance and control of our lives.
So, how do you restart your life and follow the right path?
- Decide What You Really Want: What is it that you’ve wanted from life? Ninety-nine percent of the time we are set up the roadblocks to our own dreams. Think about the things that you’ve dreamed about, what’s REALLY kept you from realizing them? Money, time, other people, a superbowl upset? Nothing great ever comes easy, in fact, bracing yourself for roadblocks when setting goals can be helpful in keeping the right attitude and resilience when they do.
- Visualize Its Completion – Imagine the completion of your goals and you’ll feel when it’s all said and done. Creating a collage or some sort of visual for your end goal is also a great way to stay motivated.
- Create An Actionable Plan – After creating a list of goals take time to map out exactly how you plan to achieve them. Create timelines, activities, and deadlines for each. Be rational in your approach, and allow yourself some room for error.
- Be Like Nike – “Just do it”. Just do the work. Sometimes fear manifests itself in the form of procrastination. We say we need things, people, more time to…whatever. If you’re able to get the ball rolling-roll it. Of course having a plan is always crucial, but don’t let yourself become buried in planning to the point where there is a lack of execution, and just a plan outlined on your whiteboard. Results require action, change requires action, happiness requires ACTION. So just put on your gloves and do the work!
- Say Goodbye to Fear – Fears are the most crippling devices in human existence. And even when life throws us unexpected curve balls from time to time, the future can still be promising. How many stories (or Ted Talks) have you seen where someone completely turns their life around after undesirable or unforeseen circumstances? Don’t let fear keep you from your dreams, use it as fuel to have determination for overcoming obstacles. Remember, it’s usually you us build the walls to our own success-we possess the power to break them down.
In the end, taking charge of your life can bring renewed strength and direction. Doing a one-eighty on your life can give you unknown energy, excitement and purpose in your life. If you start small without placing too much pressure on yourself, you can and will recognize a new beginning to success even sooner than you think.