Today there seems to be a new reading app popping up every 5 seconds, so we’ve taken some of the guesswork out of finding the best apps and have compiled them below. Take a look at our list of the Best Reading Apps (based on customer reviews) for your iOS and Android needs.
Check them out below!
Iris Reading’s Speed Reading Tips app reading app offers Speed Reading Tips on the best methods and practices that improve your reading speed, comprehension, and retention rates. A great time-saver for those on the go.
Provided by Iris Reading, Accelareader offers a highly customizable online tool, can help users increase reading speed by flashing words on the screen. Users can adjust settings which include words per minute, chunk size, text size, and much more. Simply copy and paste text that you would like to read in the textbox and you’re ready to go!
The SummarizeThis app provides a quick and easy way to help you summarize information that you don’t have time to read. By entering the text you want to summarize, an algorithm automatically filters through material creating a list of the most important details from the text.
Available via browser plugins, iOS, and Android mobile devices, BeeLine Reader helps users read more quickly and easily by displaying text with eye-guiding color gradients. BeeLine Reader has been featured by the American Optometric Association, won awards from Stanford University & Dell Education, and is used in schools. Users can even read black & white e-books by converting them to colored books (instructional video here).
The Rush Reader app provides users with way to cover more words in less time within any PDF document. Currently available for iOS devices only, this powerful app also upload e-book libraries, use social media logins, functions, and includes a translator for all major languages
ReadQuick offers this handy iOS device app to read long forms and articles faster. Though updates with the app have caused upset with many users, the now “Premium” features still provide some of the best speed reading application services available today:
- Add Articles-Users can browse from within the app and pull articles off of the internet to read.
- Stats Feature: allows users to keep track of how many words and articles you have been reading to see your progression over time.
- Read It Later service: Provides easy reading list integration with Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, Evernote, and Feedly.
- iCloud Syncing and built-in sharing sheet to share your favorite articles
- Available in over 18 languages.
The iOS-based, Outread speed reading app enables users to read through full pages of texts guided by a highlighting marker which increasing reading efficiency and reduces Re-Reading. Users simply select their reading materials, adjust app parameters (speed, size, and highlighter style), gradually increase reading rate as they move through exercises.
- Sync with Instapaper*, Pocket, Readability and Pinboard
- Add EPUB e-books and Microsoft Word, .rtf or .txt documents; Export docs from pages or just read the clipboard contents
- Built-in browser to search free eBooks directory and add classic books
- Daily Reading Stats to Track Progress
- Article Filter/Sort Feature
Readme! offers another e-book reader option for iOS and Android which also offers BeeLine Reader and Spritz for increased Speed Reading capabilities, and includes multi-device syncing capabilities.