Overview: Iris Reading also offers AceReader which is a software-based program that’s suitable for children as well (K-college/adult). AceReader differentiates itself as more of a training tool than Iris’ other speed reading programs, and it also includes tools and resources designed specifically for individuals with disabilities and unique challenges. This online program comes in two packages, Elite and Premium with the latter costing about $50 extra and including additional features and resources. However, we feel that the Elite package offers more than enough to get your money’s worth.
Price: $69.95 and up
Format: Online program (Windows/Mac)
AceReader program helps assist with the following:
- Eye Fixation Time Reduction
- Eye Fixation Zone Expansion
- Increasing Re-Fixation Speed
Some of the Reader Elite Features include:
- Multi-User licenses;up to 3 Computers with Unlimited Users per Computer
- 100+ drill, exercises , games
- 625 ebooks and a library full of video tutorials , and text-to-speech capabilities For Early Reading Fluency or Multi-Sensory (Vision & Auditory) Learning.
- All age inclusive (includes Grades 1-College/Adult Levels)
- Rapid Serial Visual and Tachistoscopic Scroll Presentation to help you learn to take in multiple words at one time.
- Ability to Monitor Progress Graphically
- 830 Leveled and Themed Reading Comprehension Tests (American History, Science, Famous People, SAT/ACT Prep, etc.)
- Hundreds of Leveled Fun Eye Pacing Drills to Pace You at Smart Speeds Relative to Both Your Current Base Reading Speed and Goal Speeds.
- 3 Modes of Operation to Allow Different Levels of Control
- Daily Status Indicator to Help You Determine How Much To Do Each Day
- Easy Product Support (Email and Toll Free Line available)
- + more!
Pros: All age-inclusive, Special Uses feature, comprehensive list of features and exercise drills, Windows/Mac compatible, free 30-day trial available
Cons: No instructor-led versions for children, premium version is a bit pricey
Click HERE to learn more about the AceReader program